- SMILING FACES Himba woman, Namibia images/slideshow/index/1361225256.jpg
- LAKESIDE PARADISE Manda Wilderness, Mozambique images/slideshow/index/1361225343.jpg
- GOLDEN GAZE Masai Mara, Kenya images/slideshow/index/1361225692.jpg
- FIELDS OF FLOWERS Gotland, Sweden images/slideshow/index/1361226015.jpg
- VILLAGE FISHING Bazaruto Archipelago, Mozambique images/slideshow/index/1361226271.jpg
- LONE LEOPARD Masai Mara, Kenya images/slideshow/index/1361226354.jpg
- PAPERBARK PATCHWORK Byron Bay, Australia
Travel Writing and Photography
Life Through A Lens is dedicated to exploring and sharing the natural and cultural wonders of the world through writing and photography, and in doing so inspiring people to make conscious choices when travelling and to leave a positive footprint.
Viking Games on Gotland
Axe throwing isn't something we usually do but it was all part of acting like a true...
The Best Cinnamon Bun in Sweden
The first thing we do whenever we land in Stockholm is to sink our teeth into a freshly...
Mokoro Safari in the Okavango Delta
Just a few feet away from our mokoro, a pair of young bull elephants play-fought in a pool,...
Photo of the Month: Douglas the Baby Hippo
Douglas the baby hippo has left his two new best friends behind and been set free in the wild in Zambia. Abandoned at two weeks old, he was rescued and looked after by Steve and Anna Tolan, who run a wildlife centre in the Luangwa Valley. Their two terriers, Molly and Coco, became good friends with Douglas and loved licking his face. Steve and Anna taught Douglas how to swim and he has now joined a pod of wild hippos in the Luangwa River.
Connect and Share
We are constantly uploading photos and updates from the road, so follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest of our travel writing and photography, or get in touch with us directly.